the remains

The Remains

en route to macqueripe bay along tucker valley road in chaguaramas national park is the former village of mount pleasant (now a national heritage site). still standing are a few shacks and the remains of st. chad’s anglican church along with a graveyard adjacent to the church.

the church was originally built in 1850 out of timbers, but after 18 years it had fallen into disrepair. it was rebuilt in 1875 – but again by 1915 had succumbed to decay. by the end of 1915 it was rebuilt yet again and in use until the area was given to the americans as a military base in 1941. the graveyard contains the prominent grave of one amelia trip and dates back to 1877.

this photograph can be found in the following gallery: country scenes
This entry was posted in recent additions and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *