the original grist mill in elora, ontario was constructed in 1833 and was known as the drimmie mill until it ceased operations around 1974. it was then converted into a 32-room inn called the elora mill inn. in 2010, it was sold and has been closed since for renovations. the plan is to expand the site as a banquet facility and hotel, as well as constructing an adjoining condominium complex. there is slated to be a covered bridge between the existing structure and the new one(s) across the grand river.
this is the elora mill in, as it stood, in july of 2014.
this photograph can be found in the following gallery: architecture