Tag Archives: historical site

from the brink

From The Brink

originally named the lord nelson orange lodge, this building served as a social hall for the community of woody point hosting dances, meetings, weddings, and other social events starting in 1908. it eventually fell into disrepair and was abandoned for many years. in the late 1990’s the building got a new lease on life as it were, when a local musician and his wife purchased the property, restored it and renamed it the woody point heritage theatre. in 2012, it went up for sale and was purchased by the friends of writers at woody point, a group that holds an annual festival of words and music. today, not only does it host the festival, but it still serves as a community hall, the way it has since its inception in 1908.

this photograph can be found in the following gallery: architecture

Share
Posted in recent additions Also tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , |